CORONAVIRUS – COVID19
On Saturday, February 29, 2020, the NPMHU was notified after extended overseas travel, a Seattle NDC employee tested positive for Coronavirus. This employee has self-quarantined and wil not return to the facility until cleared by health authorities. In consultation with the Seattle Public Health Department, we have been informed the current risk to Mail Handlers and other employees is very low and the building in which the individual worked is safe for employees. The facility was quickly sanitized consistent with local health official recommendations.
The CDC states the best way to prevent infection is to:
- Avoid close contact with people whom are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water is unavailable.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The NPMHU is providing Clorox wipes for your protection. If you need them, please stop by the Mail Handler Union Office Cubicle at the West Valley, Phoenix GMF or Tucson Facilities.
President NPMHU Local 320